Conveyancing Searches

Posted on Monday, 15 October 2018 | Written by Hayward Moon

Here at Hayward Moon as part of our standard service we offer Local Authority Searches along with Drainage and Water. To find out more about what this means for you and your move, read on below.

A Local Authority Search is an enquiry of Local Authority Records including Planning, building control, highways etc. The search only refers to the subject property and does not reveal planning applications relating to neighbouring properties or land in the Area. The Local Search is made up of two parts.

Local Land Charges Register (LLC1)

Local Land Charges were created by the Land Charges Act of 1925 with registers being maintained by both county and district authorities. Following a Law Commission report, the Local Land Charges Act 1975 and rules of 1977 were passed and came into effect. These remain the principal regulations governing the Local Land Charges Register, maintenance and access and the charging of fees.

Enquiries of Local Authority (CON29)

The CON29 is a form that contains standard enquiries agreed by the central government, the Law Society and local authorities. The enquiries provide information that relates to the property, and in some cases where the property is situated and provides information on items in existence as well as items that are in the pipeline, being considered or awaiting approval. The answers to the enquiries are provided from Local Authority or County Council records where applicable. There is also a standard set of CON29 optional enquiries that do not form part of the standard set of enquiries but can be requested if required.

Drainage and Water Enquiry

The Law Society introduced the CON29DW Drainage and Water Enquiry to provide a standard form of drainage enquiries for use in the conveyancing process. The relevant Local Water Authority compiles the report. The Law The society recommends that a Drainage and Water Report is undertaken in every property transaction.

Key Product Details:

  • Helps to identify if a property is connected to the mains water supply
  • Helps to identify the location of public water drains
  • Helps to ascertain if there are any public sewers within the boundary of the property
  • Helps to ascertain any public sewers in the vicinity of the property
  • Helps to identify if sewers are adopted by the relevant Water Authority
  • Indicates whether foul water and surface water drain into a public sewer
  • Helps to identify the basis of charging for sewage and water supply
  • Includes a map showing the location of the water and drainage assets
  • Identifies the relevant Water Authorities.

Screen Shot 2018 10 15 at 09.55.58

We hope this has helped answer your questions if you have any others you would like to ask, please get in touch with your local branch. With offices based in Ipswich, Colchester, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge and Diss, we’re well situated to accommodate. Get in touch here.

Ipswich 01473 234730
Bury St Edmunds 01284 727290
Diss 01379 646040
Cambridge 01223 236555
Colchester 01206 710717

© 2019 Hayward Moon Website by Yellobelly

Residential property
Commercial property
Our people
Get a quote
Contact us